Here is how I’ve attempted to try a new recipe with our new horse shaped cookie cutter set.
Last weekend Iv’e decided to make horse shaped sugar cookies with our horse shaped cookie cutter set. I have found a really great recipe by Jill Saunders, and I’m sharing it with you.
This recipe makes 5 dozen:
1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
1. The dough is really soft, and easy to work with, that is why I’ve decided to share it with you.
2. Before working with the cookie cutters, spray the cutters with canola or vegetable oil cooking spray, and also spread a bit of flour on the dough. This way less chance the dough will be stuck to the cutters.
3. Try to make the dough as thin as possible, it will be easier to work with and releasing the dough.
4. Place in an oven for 5 minutes, try not to burn the cookies.
5. Enjoy and share the cookies!
To find this set please visit our Birthday & Party Supply page.
[fbshare url=”http://www.lovehorsegifts.com.au/horse-shaped-cookies-cutters/” type=”button”]
[pinterest url=”[fbshare url=”http://www.lovehorsegifts.com.au/horse-shaped-cookies-cutters/” type=”button”]